Guide to roulette: tips and rules
Roulette is one of the most popular games that you can find in the best online casinos. If you are a gambling lover, you have undoubtedly heard of roulette and you probably know the basic roulette rules. But if you decide to start playing steeves250.com advises you to know them perfectly to increase your chances of 🏅 winning. And if after reading our article on roulette rules you decide to try to win you can choose from one of the best Canadian live casinos.
Basic Rules of Roulette
The rules of roulette are pretty simple. It is a game in which the dealer spins a wheel with red and black compartments numbered from 1 to 36 and one or two (depending on whether you are playing European or American roulette) green compartments in which the number zero is present.
In addition to the wheel the game includes a table in which there are roulette numbers and other additional parts on which you can place your bets.
When all the players seated at the table place their bets the dealer 🧔 will spin the wheel by throwing a small ball. The number at which the pole ends the race will be the winning number. That is to say that if you have bet on that number or on related events your turn will be considered a winner.
Depending on the roulette you are playing on you may find differences in the wheel and table layout. But the thing that unites the rules of roulette around the world is the type of bets you can place.
Roulette rules: types of bets
On roulette you can bet on a single number or a group of numbers. There are many combinations and the payout percentages are very different. This is based on the fact that the more numbers you can bet, the greater 🏆 the chances of winning by reducing the multiplier to be used to calculate your winnings.
And if you want to perfectly understand the rules of roulette you need to know that there are three types of bets. Inside bets, outside bets and announced bets. The ones you need to know perfectly are the first two, while the announced bets are only available in some variations.
Looking at a roulette table you will notice that a large part of the green carpet is covered by the numbers 0 to 36. While on the outer parts there are some sectors: even/odd, red/black, 1-18/19-36, columns and dozens.
If you decide to place a bet on numbers you are placing an inside bet 💶, while in any other case it will be an outside bet.
In the case of inside bets there are 7 types of bets available:
- Full: this is a bet on which you bet on a single number by placing your chip on the chosen number.
- Horse: this is a bet on which you bet on two neighboring numbers in the same column, placing the chip on the line that divides the two numbers.
- Triplet: this is a bet on which you bet on the three numbers on a line, placing the chip on the outside corner of the line.
- Sextins: this is a bet on which you bet on the numbers of two adjacent lines, placing the chip on the outside corner of the line in common between the lines.
- Carre: this is a bet on which you bet on four numbers that form a square, place your chip on the corner that joins the four numbers.
- Trio: this is a bet on which you bet on the zero and two adjacent numbers (1,2,3), placing the chip on the corner that joins the box of the 0 with the other two numbers.
- Basket: this is a bet similar to the sextina, but in which you bet on the 0,1,2 and 3, placing the chip on the outer corner of the row that joins the box of the zero with that of the 1,2 and 3.
Clearly, betting on one number or six numbers involves different levels of risk that are reflected in the win 🌟 multipliers available for different bets.
As we already mentioned, there are also outer boxes on the gaming table, which allow you to bet on more numbers. The basic rules of roulette have five different types of bets.
- Red or Black: Allows you to place bets on the color of the winning number.
- Even or Odd: Allows you to place bets on whether the number drawn will be odd or even.
- 1-18 or 19-36: Allows you to place bets on whether the winning number will be over or under 19
- Dozen: Allows you to place bets on the three dozen that are on the table (1-12, 13-24, 25-36).
There may be other types of outside bets depending on the room you choose. But for the purposes of our article on roulette rules, we will describe only the most popular and well-known ones.
As we have mentioned the announced bets are special bets available on one of the most popular variations of roulette. Namely French Roulette, which, taking its cue from European Roulette, has developed other bets.
But even in this case Steeves250 has decided not to complicate your ideas too much and to dedicate this article only to the basic rules of roulette. We plan to devote an entire article to announced bets in the future to help you have fun and win 👍.
Rules of roulette: choosing your bet
Although it is not a rule we have decided to devote the last paragraph of our post on roulette rules to the strategy for betting correctly. In fact, to know how to play roulette the most important aspect to consider is the choice of the method with which to bet.
There are several betting methods that can be combined with different types of bets. A progressive method ⭐ such as Martingale or Fibonacci could be an effective choice when placing outside bets on half the numbers on the wheel. That is, on odd or even, red or black, 1-18 or 19-36.
The betting strategy you decide to follow will help you choose the amount to bet. In case you want to play on less probable events that offer higher winnings a betting method such as the one based on Kelly’s criterion could help you win 🤑, but most importantly have fun without losing all your financial resources.
And when it comes to betting you need to consider another very important aspect as well. That is to say the betting limits imposed by the different casinos and that vary depending on the bet you have chosen to place. Once you have chosen your strategy and the amounts you can afford to bet, you will be able to choose the perfect room for your needs.
Now that you have a deeper understanding of roulette rules, all you have to do is start looking for the best casino to open an account with. At steeves250.com you can find all the reviews and expert opinion you need to make an informed decision. And if you are in a hurry to start playing, our advice is to try the roulettes of 888Casino or Casino.com